Montreal, November 11, 2021 ― The 2021 edition of MTL connect , which took place from October 12 to 17, under the theme Renaissance, registered nearly 11,000 participants. This was one of the first hybrid events of this magnitude to take place in a post-pandemic context, and it was a huge success!
Online but also in real life, the Montreal Digital Week allowed to educate, to raise awareness, to learn, to meet, to exchange, but above all, to imagine a better digital future.
The quality of the meetings is our priority:
Participants give a rating of 4.7/5 to the meetings during MTL connect.
- 86 networking activities organized online and in person
- 13,441 messages exchanged through the platform
- 4,494 contacts made
- 95% of the contacts made leads to a discussion
THE GREAT MEETINGS
We proudly salute the presence of big names at MTL connect 2021. Thank you again for being there!
Here are a few speakers of this 3rd edition:
- Online Speakers: Cathie Wood, Soraya Fouladi and Rich Mulholland
- In-person Speakers: Thione Niang, Luc Sirois, Lennie Moreno, Flynn Colemann, Mohammed Traoré and Danièle Henkel
- Officials Attendance: Chantal Rouleau, Éric Caire, Nathalie Roy, François William Croteau, Simon Brault and Nathalie Maillé
- Diplomatic Representatives: Ambassade du Danemark au Canada, Ambassade du Sénégal à Ottawa, Consulat général de l‘Allemagne à Montréal, Consulat de Belgique, Consulat général de France à Québec, Consulat Général d’Israël, Consulat Général d’Israël and Représentation de l’État de Bavière.
INTERNATIONAL, YOUTH AND FRANCOPHONIE IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The important international participation, the inclusion of youth and the attention gave to the French-speaking world characterizes the 3rd edition of MTL connect.
We are proud to mention:
- The realization of the very first edition of the “Rendez-vous France-Québec sur la découvrabilité en ligne des contenus culturels francophones” organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Communications of Quebec and the Ministry of Culture of France;
- The “Regard croisé Outre Atlantique” talks between Mr. Mickaël Bouloux of Rennes Métropole and Mr. François William Croteau of the City of Montreal and between the representatives of the cities of Chambéry and Shawinigan, Mrs. Aurélie Le Meur and Mrs. Maude Labrosse;
- The Explore MTL connect course offered to the Accessibility Program registrants and the youth delegation. A journey that allowed people under 35 years old from here and elsewhere to receive coaching, a suggestion of conferences, workshops, networking sessions and the opportunity to testify as youth ambassadors of MTL connect.
The accessibility program was made possible thanks to the support of the main partner, Ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie the City of Montreal in mobilizing youth from French-speaking countries.
CULTURE ET CREATIVITY
A hybrid program with panels, workshops and online performances was presented in collaboration with Akousma / Stereolux / Concordia University / Milieux / 4th Space / Maison de la culture Côte de Neiges / Maison de la culture Claude-Léveillée / SAT.
« Organizing a hybrid event is a big challenge, and you did it brilliantly! »
Lysiane Proulx, Telus Affaires
« Thank you for an amazing event.
I was able to see parts of it and it looked very impressive. »
Elena Lipilina, Wamsport
« The platform is very rich and the number of contents is impressive. »
Marianne Wachowiak, Le Monde
« I quickly connected with the people I met and with some we will continue our exchanges in the weeks to come to deepen possibilities of future collaborations. »
Mélanie Bédard, Les Productions Recto-Verso / Mois Multi Festival international d’arts multidisciplinaires et électroniques
RELIVE THE EVENT ON VIDEO
The event replay is available now to watch or re-watch all the content of MTL connect
up to 6 months after its end!
It’s free for all Full or VIP access holders and a paid version (21$)
is also available to all.
MTL connect 2021 in videos:
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
This chapter is closing, but our story is not over! The Montreal Digital Spring (PN) continues to go above and beyond in its mission to democratize and support the digital transformation. We’ll see you October 17 to 23, 2022 for the 4th edition of MTL connect.