Montreal, December 8, 2022 ― For its 4th edition held from October 17 to 30, 2022, MTL connect achieves all its objectives and strengthened Montreal’s position as the world’s digital capital. The theme of ECO(Systems) of Hope mobilized professionals from Canada and abroad for the common construction of a desirable and responsible digital world.
10,452 participants, including 3,327 in person, interested in the impact of digital technology on our society attended the conferences and activities offered at the 7 Fingers, Montreal and online.
MTL CONNECT: CATALYST FOR BUSINESS NETWORKING
The quality of the meetings is our priority:
Participants give a 4.5/5 rating to the meetings during MTL connect.
- 30 networking events organized of which
24 were in person
- 12 Territory Focus
- 6 Meetings of sectors of excellence
- 2,434 contacts made via the platform
- 7,112 messages exchanged via the platform
- 100 projects submitted for the MTL Tech Awards
THE GREAT MEETINGS
We are pleased to have welcomed 246 speakers from here and abroad to MTL connect 2022.
Here are some of the speakers of this 4th edition:
- Speakers: Hugues Bersini, Bronwyn Boyle, Philippe Longchamps, Cheryl Bryce, Christopher Cordova, Philippe Beaudoin, Shohini Ghose and Isabelle Collet.
- Speakers in 2021 and 2022: Thione Niang, Philippe Larose Cadieux and Jacques Priol.
- Official presences : Sylvie Barcelo, Éric Dequenne, Ericka Alneus, Nathalie Maillé, Luc Rabouin and Anne-Marie Jean.
- International institutions and diplomacy: Government of the Republic of Senegal, Embassy of Senegal, U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Canada, Consulate General of France in Quebec, Consulate General of Belgium and Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF).
SENEGAL IN THE SPOTLIGHT
In its desire to confirm its commitment to the Francophone community, MTL connect put Senegal in the spotlight. It was also an opportunity to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Senegalese-Canadian cooperation.
An important delegation composed of two ministers – Mr. Moussa Bocar Thiam, Minister of Communication, Telecommunications and Digital Economy of Senegal and Mr. El Hadji Abdoul Aziz Mbaye, Minister Adviser to His Excellency the President of the Republic Macky Sall – and consisting of more than 90 delegates took part in the event.
The delegation coordinated by the Embassy of Senegal in Ottawa also saw the participation of high level representatives such as Mr. Cheikh Bakhoum, Director General of Senegal Digital S.A. as well as the presence of other representatives of institutions related to the development of the digital sector in Senegal.
TWO MAJOR EVENTS
This year, the artistic program was marked by 2 major events:
- The ECO(Systems) of Hope exhibit held October 18-30, 2022 at Anteism Books had 624 visitors.
13 works were present, including interactive, video and virtual reality installations, designed and created by Adriana Knouf, Ælab, Dayna Danger, François Quévillon, Gali Blay & Leila Zelli, Gilberto Esparza, Ludovic Boney, Rosalie Dumont Gagné, Sandrine Deumier, Marcela Armas, Somme Collective et Theresa Shubert & Sage Jenson. A vernissage took place on October 18, 2022 in the presence of Simon Brault, Executive Director of the Canada Council for the Arts, Anne-Marie Jean, President and CEO of the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec and Nathalie Maillé, Executive Director of the Conseil des Arts de Montréal.
- The OCTOV @ MTL connect closing party took place on October 21, 2022 under the SAT dome with 769 participants.
Prestigious guests animated the evening with surprising and bewitching music and videos: ZADIG, LYDO, resident BitterCaress, VJ Tind EN b2b, VJ Creation Ex Nihilo and VJ Daph4000.
In total, 20 local and international artists participated in the 4th edition of MTL connect.
“Two weeks after MTL connect by Montreal Digital Spring, the number of quality connections I made there never stops impressing me. This one definitely has nothing to envy the other big digital and creative shows!”
– Romain Delhaye, – Chief Product Officer (CPO) @ !important Safety Technologies.
“Thanks to the visibility gained through the event and the resulting media exposure (Le Devoir, BetaKit, Radio-Canada) we managed to multiply by 4 the number of Waverly users in a few days.”
– Philippe Beaudoin, co-founder and CEO of Waverly.
“I really loved my experience. A French-language publisher has just approached Routledge to buy the translation rights to my book. All because of the opportunity you gave me!”
– Philippe Longchamps, elected Teacher of the Year 2020 in Sweden and finalist for the Global Teacher Prize 2021.
2023, AN UNMISSABLE EVENT WITH BELGIUM IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The Montreal Digital Spring continues to go from strength to strength in its mission to democratize and support digital transformation. See you October 10 to 13, 2023 for the 5th edition of MTL connect with Belgium as the country of honor!