Montréal, October 20, 2023 – For the 4th year running, le Montreal Digital Spring (Printemps numérique) orchestrated the MTL Tech awards at its annual MTL connect event. This year’s edition culminated on October 12 at the NAD School, with an awards ceremony full of excitement and accomplishment.
Two days before, 12 finalists had the opportunity to showcase their innovative projects before a panel of expert judges. Their hopes and aspirations were centered on the possibility of winning one of the 4 prizes awarded at this international competition for digital innovation.
Through this competition, Montreal Digital Spring is committed to promoting innovative initiatives in Montreal and internationally, celebrating the ideas and individuals who are pushing back the frontiers of digital innovation.
THE 4 WINNERS
This year, 6 honorary mentions were also awarded:
- Adèle Salin-Cantegrel (SCIKOOP InC) wins the “Mention Antidote de l’éloquence” offered by Druide informatique;
- Mohamed M Diallo (Bioeureka) wins the “Mention entrepreneur de la relève” offered by Les offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ);
- Ann-Louise Davidson and Concordia University‘s makerspaces for learning, living and sharing project wins the “Mention axe éducation” in the youth digital literacy category;
- SAT with its Ateliers en arts numériques project (ages 7-17) wins the “Mention axe culture” in the youth digital literacy category;
- The Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ) with its Les Activités du Square project, wins the “Mention citoyenneté numérique” in the youth digital literacy category;
- Finally, Génielab‘s Les trousses d’apprentissage STIAM project won the “Coup de cœur 2023 du Printemps numérique” award.
Winners were rewarded with a generous range of services and cash prizes donated by renowned partners such as Desjardins Caisse des Technologies, the CRIM, Druide, le Ministère de la Culture et des Communications, LOJIQ, l’Association Edteq, Printemps numérique, eduMedia, Le Curieux, L’école branchée and Le lien Multimédia. These contributions not only honor excellence, but also significantly support the momentum of impactful innovation, reinforcing the dynamic fabric of this constantly evolving sector
Many thanks to the finalists for their inspiring contributions, and to the members of the jury for their invaluable expertise. With over 140 entries received this year, Printemps numérique continues to play an essential role in promoting innovative projects in Montreal and beyond. Together, we’re building a vibrant and dynamic digital future.