On the occasion of MTL connect : Montreal Digital Week, which will be held from October 15 to 23, 2022, in a hybrid format, Montreal Digital Spring is offering for a third consecutive year the Explore MTL connect accessibility program.
The program is addressed to young entrepreneurs, professionals and students from developing countries who are interested in sharing their knowledge and consolidating their expertise in digital transformation.
Explore MTL connect aims to eliminate barriers by allowing young professionals to learn about current and future digital issues, receive advice from experts from various sectors, meet participants from around the world and develop new collaborations, all for free and online.
Two new features for this 3rd year:
- The program also expands to communities that consider themselves as evolving in the periphery of the ongoing digital transformation
- 20 ambassadors among the program’s participants will be selected to participate in the in-person event, in Montreal. These ambassadors will mainly be newcomers already living in Quebec and looking for opportunities to develop their skills and careers.
Through this initiative, Montreal Digital Spring wishes to encourage the participation of young professionals interested in getting involved in the reflection around the impact of digital technology on our society.
“Explore MTL connect has been conceived to promote digital inclusion, an issue that Montreal Digital Spring is committed to and whose impact can be significant in terms of economic development.”Says Mehdi Benboubakeur, executive director of Montreal Digital Spring.
In 2021, more than 1,539 young people between the ages of 18 and 35 subscribed to the accessibility program. They were from more than 50 countries including Algeria, Benin, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Haiti, India, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo and Tunisia.
Explore MTL connect track
To better support the participation of those registered for the program, an Explore MTL connect’s track will be offered on the online platform with a suggestion of conferences, panel discussions and workshops adapted to the participants’ profile.
6 reasons to join the Explore MTL connect’s program:
- Take advantage of the Explore MTL connect’s track
- Expand your network and develop new collaborations
- Find job opportunities
- Learn about current digital issues
- Participate in workshops
- Get free access to the complete MTL connect’s program
“Digital technology is an important factor in accelerating development, on a social and economic level. Through the accessibility program, we want to consolidate North-South collaborations. This program will be a source of opportunities for young experts and entrepreneurs from different sectors who wish to establish links with Quebec. It will facilitate the transfer of expertise on both sides and the development of new potential partnerships.”Concludes Mehdi Benboubakeur.
CALL FOR CANDIDATES
Places are limited, subscribe now!
Are you 35 years old or less? Are you from a developing country, or from a community at the beginning of its digital transition?
A confirmation will be sent to you once your registration is approved.
- Be 18 to 35 years old
- Be an entrepreneur, a student or a researcher
- Have an interest for digital
- Be from a developing country (Asia, Africa, South America, or Carabeans), or from a community or organization living in the periphery of digital transformation